- Mise-en-scene includes decor, lighting and camera position angles (done by the director of photography), blocking, costumes and sound.
- In cinema, there are three types of motion: primary motion, secondary motion and tertiary motion.
- Primary motion is real life (i.e. people walking by, cars), which is usually used as coverage.
- Secondary motion is camera motion (i.e. pan, tilt, zoom, dolly, reveal).
- Tertiary motion is done in editing using techniques like match cuts or cross cutting, for example.